Celebrate India’s harvest season at Holi festivals and celebrations around Greater Houston from Saturday, March 19 to Saturday, April 2, 2022.
The ancient Hindu Festival of Colors, Holi also marks one of India’s biggest celebrations of the year.
As is tradition, revelers are blasted by brightly colored powders while jamming to music, sampling foods, and enjoying the festivities that unfold around them.
We’ve gathered a handful of the best 2022 Holi celebrations taking place across the city of Houston.
2022 Holi Festivals & Celebrations in Greater Houston
- Holi Mela at Telugu Bhavanam | Saturday, March 19 – In Katy, this Holi festival is highlighted by Bollywood performances, color play, DJ tunes, and kids activities, plus a market featuring food and shopping vendors. One color packet per ticket. $5; free for ages 11 and under. 11am to 4pm.
- Texas Holi Fest at Railway Heights Market | Saturday, March 19 – The expansive food hall off Washington Avenue hosts a Festival of Colors event with Indo-Pak street foods, live music, Bollywood dancing, a dohl player, henna artists, and more. Swing by to pick up your color packets, available for purchase on site. $10 in advance; $15 at the door. 2pm to 10pm.
- Houston Holifest at India House | Sunday, March 20 – In the Brays Oaks area of southwest Houston, India House hosts a Holi extravaganza, featuring live music from Harry Anand and Shalmali Kholgade, plus cultural programs, a Desi market and food bazaar, carnival rides and kids’ games. $10, with VIP packages available. 11am to 4pm.
- Houston Holi at VPSS Temple | Saturday, March 26 – From Masala Radio comes the city’s—if not the country’s—biggest Holi festivals, featuring a live concert from Jay Sean, plus Bollywood dancing, DJs spinning tunes, dhol players, street foods, free carnival rides, giveaways and more. Early bird tickets start at $12; free for ages under 5. 11am to 5pm.
- Pearland Holi Extravaganza at Pearland Town Center | Saturday, April 2 | No Cover – A huge Holi celebration descends on Pearland to kick off April, complete with plenty of color play, DJs, games, kids activities, and a market featuring food, shopping and local vendors. $5 for admission to the color play zone, but no ticket required for other festivities. Noon to 5pm.