Last-minute shopping on Thanksgiving Day is just the kind of high-stress scenario we’re hoping to help you avoid this year. And the good news is that heading out on Turkey Day doesn’t have to be a problem, especially when you’ve amply prepared for your trip ahead of time. When you run out of your secret ingredient that makes you known in the family for the best sweet potato pie, you’ll want to be armed with this list of all the grocery stores that are open on Thanksgiving Day 2022.
We took the time to figure out your local grocery stores’ holiday hours well in advance (so you don’t have to!). Every location can change their hours of operation, so be sure to call your nearest store before heading out. While major retailers Target and Walmart will not be open on Thanksgiving this year, we’ve rounded up a solid list of grocery stores that are open to save the day.
If you’re running especially low on time come Turkey Day, you can even stop by some of these fast food restaurants to grab a filling meal or pick up a pre-made turkey and all of the fixings from a few of these stores. Whatever dilemma comes your way on Thanksgiving, we have just the solution.
Check out our definitive list of grocery stores open on Thanksgiving below.
Don’t forget to check out GoodHousekeeping.com’s Thanksgiving ideas.
Grocery Stores Open on Thanksgiving
- ACME: Stores open on Thanksgiving from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., but hours may vary depending on location.
- Albertsons: Select stores open from 6 a.m. until at least 3 p.m.
- C-Town: Several locations will operate from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m, but hours can vary.
- Cub Foods: The 24/7 stores close at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving, and you can even pre-order ingredients for your Thanksgiving dinner recipes for pickup or delivery.
- Cumberland Farms: Locations will continue to operate on 24 hour schedule.
- Fairway: In the past, stores have followed normal business hours (7 a.m. until 11 p.m. for most locations).
- Food Lion: Many locations will be open with regular hours, but some will close early.
- Food4Less: Hours start at 6 a.m. and end at midnight all year long.
- Giant Food Store: Stores will stay open during regular hours on Thanksgiving.
- Hanaford: Select locations will open on Thanksgiving from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Harris Teeter: All locations will be open, but will close early at 2 p.m.
- H.E.B: Stores will close early at 12 p.m.
- Hy-Vee: Most stores will be open with reduced hours.
- The Fresh Market: Stores were open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. last year.
- Kroger: Most stores normally open around 6 a.m. to midnight.
- Martin’s: Most stores will remain open until 3 p.m.
- Meijer: Some locations will operate with reduced hours.
- Piggly Wiggly: Most stores will open with regular hours.
- Ralphs: Locations typically open as early as 5 a.m. and close at midnight.
- Rite Aid: Most locations will operate with regular hours.
- Safeway: Most stores usually stay open from 6 a.m. until midnight.
- Save A Lot: Select locations will be open with regular hours.
- Save Mart: Past Thanksgivings, stores were open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Shaw’s: Many stores are normally open between 7 a.m. and midnight.
- ShopRite: Stores will stay open during regular hours on Thanksgiving.
- Sprouts Farmers Market: The markets usually operate from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Star Market: Many locations will close early at 2 p.m.
- Stop & Shop: Stores will stay open during regular hours on Thanksgiving.
- Vons: Many stores are usually open 6 a.m. to midnight, if not 24 hours a day.
- Wawa: Most locations will open with regular hours.
- Wegmans: Stores will generally stay open until 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Whole Foods: All stores will be open this year, but customers are advised to check the website for specific hours closer to the actual date.
Grocery Stores Closed on Thanksgiving
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Sam’s Club
- Trader Joe’s
This content is imported from OpenWeb. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.