– The North Event Centre in Bloemendal presents Fridays Karaoke and Oldies Night, hosted by Casiemo. Entry is free before 20:00, R30 thereafter. For more info, contact Diano at 083 391 0755.
– The Morning Market will take place at Walton Park Retirement village from 09:15. There will be arts and crafts, savouries and sweets, drinks and much more. The entrance is at gate number 2 in Admiralty Crescent, Summerstrand.
– St Peter’s Congregational Church, 42 Walter Road in Charlo, will have a mini bazaar from 08:00. Pre-loved clothing, cakes, pancakes, boerewors rolls, bric-a-brac and refreshments will be sold. COVID regulations apply. For more info, contact Rev. Norman at 084 474 2260.
– The Elliot Academy in Fairview will have a boot sale fundraiser at Brylin Independent Learning Centre, Soccer Field, Eucalyptus Road, Fairview (off Frank Landman Street) from 10:00 to 13:00. For more info, contact [email protected] or 041 368 7110.
– The Bluewater Bay Community Church boot sale will be held at the corner of Weinronk Way opposite the Engen garage from 07:00 to 12:00. The cost is R30. For more info, contact Colleen Roux at 082 858 8447.
– A free guided historical and cultural tour, open to all, is offered by Tony Neveling of GECKO TOURS at 10:00 from The Donkin Lighthouse. Visit Fort Frederick, The Athenaeum with 67 Beaded works, Vuyisile Square and surrounds, namely Prester John, the Feather Market, City Hall, City Library, St Mary’s Cathedral, 67 Steps, Donkin Reserve with mosaics and giant flag and more. The duration is two hours. Tours are limited to 20 persons. RSVP to Tony at 082 464 6022 or [email protected].
– The Newton Park Crime Forum is holding a Fun Day to help raise funds for the NP Crime Forum. There will be jumping castle, face paint, food stalls, K9 Unit patrols and more. It will be held at the Diaz Club in Newton Park from 09:00 – 14:00. All funds raised will be used to help make the area safe to work and live in.
– Algoa Park Neighbourhood Watch is hosting a Youth Day celebration at Otto du Plessis sportsfield in Algoa Park from 09:00 – 17:00. Lots of stalls with handmade goods and homemade bakes.
– G.J. Louw Primary School will host a family fun day in celebration of the school’s 70th birthday from 09:00 to 14:00. Activities include motorbike rides, child-friendly games, jumping castle, face painting and haircuts by Stylz Barbershop. There will also be a live DJ. Entry is R5 per person.
– A family fun night market with over 95 stalls and tons of Eastern foods will take place indoors at the Malabar Community Centre from 18:00. Explore a variety of handmade and handcrafted local crafts, clothing, toys, and gadgets. Entry is free, as is the wi-fi. For stall bookings contact 0842319326 or 067 244 6921.
- Send your events to [email protected] and mark it as “diary”.